Monday, 23 March 2015

Next Tattoo

I've officially got tattoo fever... I talked to my husband about it to find out which placement of the ones I had in mind would bother him less. At that point I had 3 main ideas.

1) Some flowers on my shoulder area (on my back) with a small bee, something that I could eventually add to and get the front-shoulder flower I've been wanting for a long time. I just wanted to get the style and colours right before I went for such a visible tattoo, and the back part of the shoulder would've been good for that because if it wasn't perfect, I wouldn't see it all that often myself. I was going with the idea of muted colours like you see here:


2) Foot tattoo, one of them to begin with. A flower, probably a rose, in the same type of style that you see in the above picture, taking up a good portion of the foot. This would be with the idea of adding the other foot eventually, perhaps a different colour, perhaps one for mom, one for dad... OR the flower with somehow added in, my dog's silver bone tag and maybe another tag with 93-08, the years she was alive. Something filling the foot like this does:


3) *Something* near my existing tattoo. What I really really want someday, and it could be on the other thigh, is a portrait of my dog in b&g but with a coloured border and some interest... But that is too big for my husband to accept right now... The idea to do something here is because this placement might bother him less since there's already something there. So my idea is a bee right above the heart I already have, which is a concept I've wanted for a while. Originally I wanted a bee with a heart in it, to mean, "Be love" as well as being a bee which I like both visually and for real, and cute which I want in my tattoos. Now that I have a heart, I would just get the bee in the style that I want, and the "love" is already just below! These two are my favourites inspirations:



Turns out my husband is most accepting of getting a tattoo near my other one, so a bee it is! I will let the idea simmer for a few weeks and go from there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment