Friday, 7 June 2013

Welcome to my Tattoo Adventure

I've been interested in tattoos since I was 7. My friend's mom had a ring tattooed around her finger. This cute, feminine tattoo planted a seed and I knew then I'd get tattooed someday.

Fast forward to today... I'm 26 and I still have no tattoos.

I maintained my love for tattoos and body modifications as a child, teenager, young adult, until now but I haven't taken the plunge. There are experiences that you're more likely to regret not doing than to regret doing, but I don't think getting a bad tattoo is one of them! I'm a pretty indecisive person and generally cautious so I never managed to decide what I'd want permanently inked on my body.

More and more, I'm feeling ready. I feel like I know who I am and what I like and where I'm going in life. It's not a requirement for a tattoo or anything, but for a person like me it makes sense. I'm glad I waited because there are things I'm learning about tattoos that I didn't know before, there are things that the younger me would never have thought about that I now know.

That's where this blog comes in. This will document my journey towards getting my first tattoo and possibly others if I get there at a time when I still want to blog about it ;) I'll post design ideas I have, photos of tattoos that I saw and like, concept ideas, tips I learned and anything else tattoo-related that I feel like posting.

I have two other blogs for those of you who are interested found through my profile. First, my blog about my spiritual journey towards Islam which is currently stalled at "agnostic Muslim" and second my beauty blog where the newbie that I am discovers new makeup and skincare products and that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment